Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wk 2 Task 4 (journal)

My first impressions of my service learning was " this is gonna be hard all the babies going to be crying at once."I can't do this! But now since I've been there for a couple of weeks I see that it's really different. I work with Ms. Tammy and her group of kids. There's toddlers and babies in the room, and i really enjoy watching them. What I do is help out with the toddler activities, feed the babies, help the toddlers clean up, and keep the babies quiet.

What I've learned so far is really nothing that I already didnt know.What I've learned about working with the people at my center is they can get real tired ,from all the running around after the toddlers , keeping the babies quiet, and getting them to sleep. But They DONT let their tiredsome hold them down! A positive experience I've had is that I'm able to hold all the babies without them crying. I haven't really had a negative experience so far. In the next couple of weeks I look forward to continuing to have a fun time with all the kids!

No comments: